I wanted to add a bloglovin icon to my blog and I was really having a bit of difficulty in doing so (me being that not so techy person,hehehe) so with a little help from other bloggers, I found this guide from ABC’s of style which was such a big help for me since they are also using wordpress.com! yeyy!!!
So what is BLOGLOVIN? well its a website wherein bloggers all around the world unite and follow each other, its a happy place for bloggers like myself, I can follow my fave bloggers here and they can also follow you back,, isn’t that awesome???:), so to make it happen here’s is a step by step guide in getting started;
1. First things first you need to do is create a bloglovin account. (ofcourse this is a must!!)
2. Once your logged in, go to Account> Your Blog.
3. Click on the + Claim Blog button and type in the address of your wordpress blog.
it will show you this code like mine ( <a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6999485/?claim=8fbcv5kfecd”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> ) then you need to create a new blog post where you have to paste this code in that post! just like what I’m doing right now (yeah,hitting two birds with one stone baby!)
( Most people could probably figure this part out for themselves but I managed to get lost, so here’s hoping I can help someone!) anyway…
4. At this point have a new post ready in your wordpress dashboard (in another tab), then, when bloglovin’ give you a code to paste in , to verify your blog, paste it into the HTML layer of your post-then publish it. You can then click the claim blog button under the code (in the bloglovin’ tab) and it should then say your blog has been verified.
5. Now, to get the icon you want in the sidebar, first ( in your wordpress tab ) go to Appearance> Widgets and find the Text widget and move it right, into the sidebar bit. ( you might have to re-add any widgets you automatically had in your sidebar,like categories, if it’s the first time you’ve customized your widgets page)
6. Now go to your bloglovin’ tab and go to Account > Widgets. Now pick the widget you want in your sidebar and click Get this icon! Then copy the code that you are given.
7. Back in your wordpress tab make sure you’re in Appearance > Widgets then click the little arrow next to where in says Text in your Sidebar drop-down. Paste the code into the text box and remember to SAVE. Now if you visit your site the bloglovin’ icon should be in your sidebar.
so simple right?, but if its your first it is okay if you have to struggle like I did, its normal for newbies like us in time you’ll get the hang of things.
Well I hope you find this helpful..:)) enjoy your weekend !!